Storylytics Public Workshops: Half and Full Day Sessions
Analyzing and presenting data is your future. You’ve heard about the fundamentals of data-based storytelling and are hungry for more. You want to become an accomplished interpreter who can bring data to life.
If you’re an individual looking for some personal development, or have just a couple of members of your team you’d like to get trained in the Storylytics narrative, these sessions are for you.
Workshops offer the same storytelling learning as custom sessions but are for a broader audience using sample data. You’ll leave with a solid understanding of the success factors in storytelling, and practical tools that will make an immediate difference in your career.
Every Page Is a Story
If you’re a few years into your career and are looking to make a bigger impact when sharing insights, this is the course for you.
This hands-on, half-day hands-on workshop is dedicated to the fundamentals of data storytelling. You’ll learn the role of the analytic narrative, the traits of great data stories in action, and how to transform facts into insights that demand action through the use of the POET technique.
• Narrative vs Visual – the source of success
• Traits of Great Data Stories – defined through audience experience and action
• Power in Presentation – data-insight-action connection through the POET technique
• Sharpening the Page – using POET to confirm data story relevance
• Your Turn – practicing with peer support
• Beyond PowerPoint – data stories in emails, pre-reads, and general discussion
Each workshop has a limited number of attendees to maximize discussion and practice, and includes a one-hour 1:1 telephone mentoring session with your facilitator (Laura Warren) to be held within two weeks following the workshop date.
Date: Tuesday, August 14, 2018
Time: 9:00am – 12:00pm
Location: 229 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario
Please note workshop fee includes break refreshments
Journey to Change
If you’re an insight provider looking to strengthen your ability to drive change through analytics, this storytelling program was developed with you in mind.
A full-day experiential workshop centred around planning, crafting, and telling a compelling story, you’ll take away new skills to inspire an audience to action based on your findings. You’ll learn the stages of great analytic storytelling, the critical role of a controlling idea, and how to weave relevant findings into a tight story that resonates with your audience.
• Recognizing Great Data Stories – in presentations, emails, and general discussion
• Audience Point of View – the unspoken contract between storyteller and listener
• Controlling Idea – establishing direction for your data story
• Framework for Engagement – storytelling structure to connect data to action
• Model for Communication – transforming facts to insights through the POET technique
• Validating Relevance – using POET to polish content
Each workshop has a limited number of attendees to maximize discussion and practice. Participation includes a 1.5 hour personal mentoring session with your facilitator (Laura Warren) held within four weeks following the workshop date. Individual mentoring will be followed by a written feedback summary for reference.
Date: Tuesday, July 24, 2018
Time: 9:00am – 4:30pm
Location: 3080 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario
Please note workshop fee includes break refreshments and lunch